Thursday, May 21, 2015

Makeup Geek

Hey guys! I am going to be talking about my favorite Makeup Geek eye shadows today. I love MUG eye shadows, they have great pigmentation, they are buttery smooth and apply so easily and with no effort at all, they blend in to each other better than some high end eye shadows. I have heard many people say they are comparable to Mac. In my opinion with a few exceptions from Mac, MUG is much better. They are high quality with a drugstore price. The regular eye shadows are $5.99 a piece, but recently MUG came out with an eye shadow called the "foiled" eye shadows, they are amazing, I cannot say anything negative about them at all, they are $9.99 a piece. The only down fall to me is that you have to buy a Z palettes to put the pans in.

First I am going to share with you my favorite foiled eye shadows. They are crazy pigmented! They have a metallic finish, so much they almost look wet! You can use them wet or dry, they are best applied with your finger because they are so pigmented. I have green/hazelish eyes, so coppers, bronzes, golds are my cup of tea, I think they are the most flattering on me in my opinion. So my favorite foiled eye shadow is "Flame Thrower" it is BEAUTIFUL! Its a true copper with flecks of gold shimmer. love love love, brings out the green in my eyes! The next one is "In the Spotlight" this one is a light champagne with a peachy undertone with flecks of silver shimmer. When I say shimmer, I am talking about the mature grown up version of shimmer, nothing over the top nothing tacky, but it goes with the color and texture so perfectly and the flecks of shimmers are so small its just right. This one is a perfect inner corner highlight or to put right on the center of the lid to catch the light. It is so hard for me to pick my favorite out of these three, ugh! the struggle lol. The last foiled eye shadow that I will be talking about is "Grandstand" This one is gooooorgeous. It is a rich bronze, this one looks more metallic than the others, not shimmery. Love this one with my eye color as well. I just cannot deal. Too much pretty.

L-R
Flame Thrower, In the Spotlight, Grandstand

The rest of the eye shadows are going to be in the normal formula. I'll start with the lightest, it is called "Shimma Shimma" this one is a light creamy champagne. It is definitely shimma shimma, The finish is beautiful and I love to use this one in my inner corner and on my brow bone to catch the light. If I want a more subtle highlight I will use "Vanilla Bean" It is a matte creamy white, the texture is very smooth. I also like to set my eye shadow base with vanilla bean all over my lid. A good transition color and a very famous color from MUG is "Peach Smoothie" It is a matte light peach. You wont get a whole ton of color pay off with this shade but that is what makes it the best transition color, it helps blend the rest of the eye shadows out in to a perfect gradient defused look. It is also great for the deeper skin tones. "Beaches & Cream" is also a cult favorite for MUG, also a great transition color, perfect for the lighter skin tones, it is a lighter version of peach smoothie. Also a matte. This is one of my favs to blend out my other crease colors. Now for the darkest but yet again a cult fav, "Cocoa Bear" It is a dark reddish brown. It is a matte color also. perfect for defining the lash line, the outer V and smoking out the bottom lash line. I hope you guys enjoyed reading me blab about beautifulness!

L-R
Shimma Shimma, Vanilla Bean, Peach Smothie, Beaches & Cream, Cocoa Bear

Let me know if you guys have any MUG products and how you guys like them, or hate them. I couldn't imagine anyone hating them that's for sure! Share the love, let me know what you want to see next <3

No comments:

Post a Comment