Wednesday, May 20, 2015

All about that Glow

Hey guys! This is my first blog post on my very own blog! I am excited to start sharing some of the things that I love the most. I love makeup, everything about it. You can do so much! One of my most favorite makeup products is a good highlighter. I am going to be sharing and reviewing my most used, holy grail, lifeline of all highlighters today. I have three for today :)

This first one is the one that I have had the longest and it is my most used. It is the Hourglass Ambient lighting powder in Incandescent Light. It is absolutely stunning! It is the most natural out of the three that I am going to talk about today. The powder is so finely milled that when you apply it to your face, you cannot detect anything sitting on your skin, it looks like you are glowing from within. The Hourglass Ambient lighting powders are such a light silky smooth texture that just makes it a dream to blend in and wear. The overall highlight is not overwhelming, its a soft white/champagne. I have heard some people say that there is no detectable glitters or shimmers in the product but upon me swatching it and looking closely you can see just a slight shimmer to it, its beautiful, like I said its not overwhelming and it does not make you look like a disco ball. I will definitely be wearing this one on my wedding day!

The second one is intense! but beautiful, it is the Becca Shimmering skin Perfector pressed in Opal. So so stunning, I already reviewed Opal on my Instagram but it is too pretty to not rave about more than once. The highlight is a rose gold champagne with a sheen, with slight shimmer, not overwhelming shimmer but lovely shimmer! Because of my undertones Opal looks more gold on me than anything. It's very smooth in texture and applies like a dream, you do not need much of this product at all to get that glow. Just look at her shes gorgeous!

Ahh and for the last one, I loooooove this one. Its a Mac cult favorite, as it should be, its absolutely gorgeous. I am talking about Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle. Soft & Gentle is the most shimmering out of the the three I am talking about in this post, It looks similar to Beccas Opal but it is lighter in color, more of a champagne, less of a rose. It has more detectable shimmer in it but it is not overboard. I can see why it is a cult favorite. It is very wearable. You can add a little for something subtle or you can add more for a night out or if you're me, you can add more even if you are just going to the grocery store, what can I say, I love me some highlight!

 L-R
Hourglass Becca Mac
Thank you guys for sticking around and reading about my favs! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment