Saturday, May 23, 2015

All about lippies



Hey guys! I want to share with you my favorite lippies. The ones that are my go to, holy grail favs. They just work. I am not one to go for the bold lip, while I think it is beautiful fun and daring, I have a hard time pulling it off. I will get there one day! lol. So I lovvve my nudes, all nudes are different...they all have something different about them. The formula that I gravitate towards the most is a creamy full on color with no shimmer or frost. Lipstick is probably the biggest part of my collection, I love finding new ones. Today I'll be showing my fav lipsticks, lip glosses, and a lippie pencil.


I'm going to start with my love. Nars Audacious lipstick in "Raquel" holy pigmentation! Yes this lipstick was $32.00... but the texture, pigmentation and the range of beautiful colors makes up for the price to me. Raquel is described to be a pink beige. I think it leans more peachy beige on me. The formula is so light and weightless, its crazy to me how pigmented they are! I love this one, I do have one tiny little complaint about this one thought :( sometimes I notice when I have it on that it gets that not so cute ring around the inside that almost looks like the product is separating, you know that weird gunk that happens for no reason sometimes? yeah not cool! but..it is probably my most used out of them all. 

Urban Decays Revolution lipsticks are also amazing. Not as pigmented as the Audacious lippies but non of the less it is a great favorite of mine. They are $22.00. I love the color "Naked" it is described to be a nude pink, I can agree to that but as the one above this pulls a little peachy on me, but more pink this one. It is creamy with a nice sheen, no shimmer! and so comfortable to wear. This one has never done that weird thing and separate on me, so that is a plus! I find these long wearing without being drying. Love love love

I don't hear much about the Smashbox Be Legendary lipsticks. I'm not sure why, I think they are fantastic! I love the color "Posy Pink" it is described to be a peachy rose, its peachy but more pink than a rose. They are $20,00. I keep this one is my handbag at all times because it is a color that I can throw on with no mirror and not worry if its all over my face. Its not sheer to say the least it has great pigmentation and it is creamy, but its not overly creamy. Its perfect.

I have a love hate relationship with this one, It is the Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb, It says it is a moisture plumping lip tint. They are $21.00. I love minty or "Plumping" lip products. But the Too Faced Color Bombs are intense... they are uncomfortable for five minutes or so..then they are fine and all..but if you go outside your lip line, even just a little bit, you will be so red and burnin! I made the mistake of doing that one time. Even swatching them on my hand left me with a welt. But if you can be careful with these, they are really nice, I have two of them, I love the nude, but I am going to show the one in "Candy Burst" Its a pink, this one is a bright one for me, its not overwhelming, that's why I like it. Its a pink I can wear that I feel looks good on me. They are moisturizing and the color payoff is surprisingly pigmented for it being a "tint"..and it smells like strawberry milkshakes.

I have four Mac lippies that I use the most. They are $16.00. They are all in different finishes. "Kinda Sexy" is a Matte finish. Although it is a matte, it is creamy and comfortable to wear. It is a darker peachy beige nude. The color reminds me of "Raquel" from Nars, just a different finish. I love Kinda sexy, it is so easy to wear and goes with everything. "Shy Girl" is a Cremesheen. It's not the most pigmented, but the color is beautiful. It is a light peach with a lovely sheen to it. I love the cremesheen formula, its great. "Hue" is a Glaze, which means it is a sheer formula, It is a light nude pink. Glazes can be built up or can be worn mixed with another lipstick, I mix Hue a lot with others. Very glossy, very comfortable. Ahh and a Mac cult favorite. "Angel" is a Frost finish. Now I know I said I did not like frosty lipstick, but Angel is not frosty at all. Its a beautiful soft rosy pink. I can see why it is such a favorite to a lot of people. Don't be scared if a lipstick says it has a frost finish, it can look so different out of the tube, so just swatch it first!

I have a lip pencil from Mac that I can use with anything to change and customize any look that I want. They are $20.00. It is a Pro longwear lip pencil in "In Anticipation" it is a dark rosy pink. I love the formula of the pro longwear pencils, not drying, very creamy and lasts for a very long time. 

My fav fav fav gloss to wear with everything is Buxom's "White Russian" Its a light milky pink, so creamy, so lovely and it has a nice plumping, minty feel. love love.

I just recently picked up two Elf lip glosses because someone had recommended them to me. So I went looking. They are SOOO pigmented for a gloss, you can even wear these alone! I was very surprised when I first applied them. "Scott" is a peach. "Brian" is a midtone pink. In the tube you can see a slight shimmer but when you swatch or apply its not noticeable. They are not too sticky, they have just enough stick to make it long wearing but keep it comfortable. So happy I found these, and they were only a $2.00!!!

L-R
"Raquel" "Naked" "Posy Pink" "Candy Burst" "Kinda Sexy" "Shy Girl" "Hue" "Angel"
"In Anticipation" "White Russian" "Scott" "Brian"

Whew, this was a long one. I know there was some repetitiveness in there, but I sure hope you guys enjoyed and maybe find a new favorite to add to your collection!




















3 comments:

  1. These lip colours are all so pretty! Lip products are definitely something I just can't seem to stop buying haha - love the post x

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to not respond for forever !! Lip products are one of my most favorite things! On my way to sephora now ;)

      Delete
    2. Sorry to not respond for forever !! Lip products are one of my most favorite things! On my way to sephora now ;)

      Delete